Thursday, August 07, 2008

Olympic Surprises


As Beijing gears up to host the 2008 Olympics there a number of American athletes who will not be participating or attending the games. Today one such athlete came forward and removed himself from the competition. Morgan Hamm, twin brother of reigning Olympic champion Paul Hamm, found his unending ankle pain to be to much. Paul Hamm broke his wrest back in October of last year and the pain continued causing him to drop out of the Olympics on July 28. Morgan suffers from ankle spurs that made training with his team this past week difficult. Upon making the decision to drop our of the competition Morgan stated, “This has been an extremely hard decision for me to make. I’ve given everything I can to be ready to compete at this Olympic Games. It’s best for me to step down and have another athlete fill my position. This is something for me that’s very tough because it’s end of my career, and it’s not the way I had planned it.” For this and other news please go to www.foxnews.com, www.cnn.com or www.msnbc.com.

No comments: