Friday, June 01, 2012

I Feel Not Guilty, Not Guilty!


Who can forget the spoof of John Edwards having his hair done on You Tube?  Well if you never got to see it the link has been provided below.  The new tune Edwards is singing?  "I feel not guilty, not guilty!"  Does it really surprise anyone that he managed to escape prison time? 

Thursdays announcement claimed the jury had found former Senator John Edwards not guilty on one of the 6 counts against him.  The judge has since declared a mistrial and for now Edwards walks free. 

Edwards told the press outside of the North Carolina court house, "I really believe (God) thinks there's still some good things I can do," he said. "Whatever happens with this legal stuff going forward, what I'm hopeful about is all those kids that I've seen, you know, in the poorest parts of this country and in some of the poorest places in the world, that I can help them, in whatever way I'm still capable of helping them," and went on to add that he believes he did anything illegal saying, "I did an awful, awful lot that was wrong."

 There appears to be no interest in a retrial of the case by Federal prosecutors for a trail many North Carolinian's felt was unnecessary to begin with.  According to reports the bases for the trail was Edwards campaign finances and whether or not he funneled money to his mistress Rielle Hunter in the sum of $1 million in an attempt to keep their affair a secret from Edwards' late wife Elizabeth and keep it hidden while he sought the 2008 bid for the Presidency.

For more on John Edwards please go to the following link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/31/jury-reaches-verdict-in-edwards-trial/#ixzz1wUp2R6uZ


No comments: